HealthierDay.com is a blog all about health: food, diet, fitness, weight lifting, mindfulness, kids health, and rehab from exercise related injuries! There are hundreds of health and fitness websites and blogs out there – why are we making another one?
Why Are We Making HealthierDay.com?
Well, we’re creating this wonderful new health blog for several reasons:
- We have learned quite a bit about general health topics over the years and would like to share this with others that might stand to learn more.
- We still have a lot left to learn about living healthy, so we intend to explore topics interesting to us and share what we learn here.
- We plan to use this blog to document our health improvement journey and help hold ourselves accountable to achieving health improvement results!
- Carrie has a doctorate in Physical Therapy and has a wealth of rehabilitation knowledge to share.
- Derek loves to write helpful blog articles as a side hobby 🙂
What Makes HealtierDay.com Different?
Great – HealthierDay.com sounds awesome, right? But, how is HealthierDay.com going to be different than those other health and fitness blogs that you might read?
What you will find here is going to be different than most websites of blogs you will visit because:
- We intend to make HealthierDay.com a one-stop-shop for health information. Many other blogs just focus on one particular detail of health and don’t fully explore all important aspects. We will strive to cover the gamut of health related info that you will find helpful.
- We will make a ton of YouTube videos that will help you improve your health in all kinds of ways!
- We will include our real results! We intend to report out on how we’re working to improve our health each month. The hope is that this will help get you motivated to make a health improvement in your own life.
- We have a special “kids health” section. Our parents did not instill the best health habits with us when we were young, and we’re on a mission to change that with our kids. This section of the blog will have tons of tips, tricks, and ideas on how to improve your kids health!
- As much as we cover what “to do” to improve your health, we will also cover topics on what “not to do” to help you maintain and improve your health.
Final Interview Thoughts
If that all sounds good to you (and why shouldn’t it :-)), then we encourage you to stick around, bookmark HealthierDay.com, and actively comment on our upcoming posts!
We both came from pretty good households – but the one thing that wasn’t placed at a premium is good health. All four of our parents were/are pretty over-weight. That being said, we are fighting to make our household more health conscience and instill a healthy lifestyle for our family of four. We want to be open and honest about our health, the mistakes we’ve made along the way, and what we’re planning to do to improve it. Please understand that we are not really health experts, but we will try our best to give the best advice, help, and ideas that we possibly can. Together, we can both learn much from each other and get one step close to living a healthier day!
-Derek and Carrie